DISCLAIMER: DROP-STOP® clear is not intended for metal roofs, only fiberglass skylight restoration!
DROP-STOP® clear is a brush-grade mastic with unique physical properties for use with skylight panel restoration.
The Drop-Stop family of synthetic rubber coatings provide metal roofing solutions in spray, brush and trowel grade viscosities, with Drop-Stop being brush grade. However, the clear is specifically formulated for skylight panels. Always inspect the roof to determine the best combination of materials for the repairs at hand. While most repairs can be handled with only Drop-Stop, a brush grade mastic, larger gaps may require DYNA-FLASH® with polyester reinforcement (see images below). For roofs with light surface rust throughout the roof, DYNA-SEAL® roof coating can provide a total covering to protect the metal’s long-term integrity. From spot repairs to full system applications, Drop-Stop products provide a longterm, economical solution to your metal roofing needs.
Before applying Drop-Stop, the roof must be free from grease, dirt, moisture, and all foreign material. Using a power washer is the recommended method. For small repair jobs, one could use a brush and water (repeating if necessary) until the target repair area is properly clean. Remember to let the area dry before applying Drop-Stop. Apply Drop-Stop in a temperature range of 40°F to 120°F.
Physical Properties/Specifications (Clear)
- Clear Drop-Stop is stocked for skylight panel restoration. Typically Drop-Stop is stocked and purchased as white in color
- Unlike most asphaltic or acrylic coatings, Drop-Stop will not crack or become brittle over numerous freeze/thaw cycles
- This unique material actually stretches and recovers to bridge roof joints in which thermal movement can be expected
- White Drop-Stop is U.V. stable but clear Drop-Stop is only moderately U.V. stable
- After application, Drop-Stop has a service temperature range of -40°F to 180°F
- A factory sealed, unopened can of Drop-Stop has more than a 5-year shelf life if stored in moderate temperatures
Note: This product can only be shipped via ground
- Package: 1 gal
- Dry to touch: 2-3 hrs
- Fully cured (@ 72°F): 3 days
- Elongation (ASTM D-412) @ 77°F: 200%
- Permeability, water vapor (ASTM E-96): 0.2
- Resistance to sunlight: Good
- Resistance to chemicals: Excellent
- Specific gravity: 0.82
- Approximate coverage: 75 ft2 per gallon
- MSDS available